Having a photo shoot indoors can kind of be scary. Having someone come over to your house just to visit is stressful enough, but to have someone come over and take pictures?! That can be overwhelming!
No worries! I have got you covered. For whatever reason you want to have a photo shoot indoors rather than outdoors we can totally make it work!
Your house does not need to look like the one on the right.
All you need is you, your furbaby(s) and a smile!
Here are some tips to get ready for an indoor photo shoot.
1. Clean the home. Well, that goes without saying but it really does help. Having a clean and clutter free home will make a significant difference in the outcome of your photos. Also, have a clean home will make you feel less stressed out!
2. Natural light. I can't stress this enough. Open those blinds and let in some light! Natural light will help out tremendously and there won't be much need for extra photography equipment. That also means that we should schedule the photo session when it is quite sunny out with minimal cloud coverage.
3. Think of what your pet enjoys most at home. Is it a favorite blanket, favorite toy or a favorite spot? Bring those into the photo shoot. it will help make your pet feel more at ease and more likely to just enjoy the moment! Also, it can make the cutest of backdrops and props.
4. What kind of activities do you and your furbaby enjoy doing inside the home? Is it lounging on the couch watching Netflix while you eat a big tub of popcorn? Do you all love cuddling in the morning in your bed? These can make such adorable and fun photos!
5. For those posed family photos that we all cherish I would suggest on the couch or next to a white or light colored wall if possible. You could purchase a few couch cushions just for the occasion, it will look extra cute!
I hope this helped get you ready for your next photo shoot indoors! Also, when booking a session make sure to note if your pet would become agitated by a flash of a camera or a diffuser (big round object) as sometimes those are needed in indoor photography situations. That way we can try to avoid the extra equipment when possible. ;)
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them in the comments!
If you would like to book an indoor photo session, click ===> HERE
Thanks for stopping by and talk to you soon!