It's almost holiday season and now is the perfect time to get ready and plan for your pet photo shoot! No need to stress about how to prepare, because I am here to help you 100%!
As the title suggests, here are 7 ways to prepare for your 2017 pet holiday photo shoot!:
1. Think about location. There are certain trails that have that FL vibe all year, and then there are others that will look more like "fall/winter". Some people don't mind having that FL vibe for their holiday photos but some like that traditional Christmas look. So bear that in mind when booking a session. You can check out my earlier post on the top 5 locations to have a pet photo shoot in Jacksonville - HERE.
2. Have realistic expectations. Especially in Florida. Unfortunately, we don't get those awesome 4 seasons as people do up north. There are some edits I can do in Photoshop to create fake snow, but being in a tropical environment there is only so much I can do. However, there is some wonderful more "forest like" trails in Jacksonville that we can go to that will have that rustic Christmas-y feel.
3. Think about the theme. The holidays are the best chance to have that themed photo shoot. Do you want more of a fall photo shoot or that traditional Christmas photo shoot? For some Halloween is their favorite holiday during the last part of the year. Think about having an adorable Halloween themed photo shoot with your furbaby!
4. Accessories, Accessories! Think about what kind of accessories you would like your pet to wear. Santa hats, holiday themed bow-ties, Reindeer ears, and holiday sweaters are perfect accessories to wear during a photo shoot! You are also welcome to bring other accessories like picnic blankets and props. If you have a certain setup in mind, we can work together to make it happen!
5. Indoor Christmas tree photo shoot. This is probably my most secretly loved type photo shoot. Probably because Christmas is my most favorite holiday of the year! And I love seeing how people decorate their homes during the holidays. If you are the kind of person to decorate your home full of Christmas decorations, this type of photo shoot might be just what you're looking for!
For tips on how to prepare for an indoor photo shoot check out my post- HERE.
6. Have a pet spa day before the photo shoot. This is common sense but some people do forget to have their pet groomed. When your pet is groomed they will look their absolute best in the photos! Also, during the holiday's many groomers will have special holiday themed additions - like fun body paint and temp tattoos.
7. Think about what products you would like in addition to the digital photos. Knowing what kind of products you would like before hand will help me greatly. Would you like framed portriats? If so we will focus on those type of photos more than those fun action shots.
I hope this helped you plan for your next pet photo shoot! I promise, it will be the most fun photo shoot you will ever have! :)
Starting October I am booking holiday photo shoots. I am only accepting up to 20 clients this Christmas season. Last day to book is December 16th for a pet holiday photo shoot. SPOTS WILL FILL QUICKLY! If you would like to book your session, click--- HERE.
Thank you for stopping by and talk to you soon!